Heatlh Information Technology (HIT) Online InstructorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assume any assigned instructional responsibilities in the health information technology field
• Design, facilitate, revise and maintain curriculum using WIDS to promote optimum student learning
• Work cooperatively with the program staff to provide a quality-learning environment for students
• Use multiple learning style techniques in all learning settings
• Manage a group of students in an online environment to meet identified learning outcomes
• Document students’ performance to provide assessment and evaluative feedback for students to promote learning, growth, and progress
• Demonstrates current knowledge, skills, and attitudes for the practice of health information
• Promote appropriate health care work ethic for all students
• Conduct oneself in a professional and ethical manner consistent with industry standards and regulations
• Demonstrate flexibility in managing duties and responsibilities
• Demonstrate collaboration and cooperativeness with Southwest Tech faculty, staff, students and community partners
• Demonstrate promptness and preparedness for instructional delivery
• Follow agency policy, procedures, and protocol in all activities
• Demonstrate concise, clear, and inclusive information in communicating with students, community partners, and Southwest Tech staff
• Maintain strict confidentiality of student information – Family Educational Rights Privacy
• Demonstrate caring behaviors toward students, community partners, and Southwest Tech staff
• Design and participate in program recruitment and marketing strategies
• Provide high quality customer service to both internal and external customers
• Participate on college committees and the HIT advisory board
• Participate in accreditation and program review process
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and / or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• BS Degree in related field
• RHIT or RHIA with three years experience in Health Information Management
• Experience in curriculum development
• Experience in WIDS preferred
• Excellent communicator, including good listening skills
• Two years of online instruction experience required
• Excellent organizational skills
• Flexible in work schedule
• Experience working with Electronic Health Records
• Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
SALARY: Academic Pay Schedule - BS Range: $47,297 - $75,203 MS Range $52,202 - $83,000
(Pay based on teaching load percentage)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 4, 2017
STARTING DATE: August 1, 2017
SELECTION PROCESS: The Selection Committee will screen all applicants and select a limited number of candidates for interviews. All applicants will be informed when the position is filled. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.