Web and Social Media ManagerNortheast Iowa Community College, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
- Bachelor’s English, journalism, technical editing or a related field required.
If degree is related to Web, Graphic Design or other, MUST be able to demonstrate writing experience. Samples required.
- Strong understanding of the user experience and demonstrated expertise in web content, usability, architecture, development and design. Must be able to content, programing and analytics of online services for high traffic websites.
- Strong understanding of digital communication best practices and strategies for web.; and experience applying UX and UI principles.
- Conceptualizing, leading, planning and launching website and other digital initiatives from concept to post-launch management.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, customer service and verbal communication skills that facilitate collaboration with colleagues.
- Must be detail-oriented, efficient, self-motivated and possess ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks within a fast-paced deadline drive department.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite , Google Calendar, Drive and Analytics, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Proven ability to build consensus within cross-departmental teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the class as necessary.
• Oversee development of content, user experience (UX), user interface (UI) design, site architecture, responsive design and compliancy.
• Utilize web, email, social media and other appropriate analytics to inform strategy and decision.
• Manage email communications. Work with appropriate staff to ensure digital communications are effective in reaching the appropriate audience, align with branding and messaging.
• Manage and/or oversight of all official College social media accounts, promotions, messaging and updates. Work with identified administrators to ensure proper training and adherence to branding and messaging standards.
• Research and initiate innovative improvements to digital communications. (mobile, electronic, social media, video and web)
• Work closely with director of marketing strategy, creative and communication to develop and execute marketing initiatives/strategy across all digital platforms to assure they meet the intended audience.
• Work closely with marketing team to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all platforms.
• Analyze and monitor initiatives to ensure progress and work with director of marketing strategy, creative and communication to make appropriate modifications as needed.
• Responsible for daily maintenance of the College website and microsites including but not limited to: web updates, edits and monitoring of compliance report.
• Ensure the College website and microsites are updated and prepared to track marketing/recruitment initiatives.
• Lead web development committee. Including researching and executing initiatives.
• Execute the design and development of website/microsites and all digital initiatives as directed.
• Administer and develop all content manager training. Stay informed on all updates, latest technology and content management system improvements.
• Work closely with and maintain strong relationship with the College computer information systems department to ensure compliance with integrated programs/software, maintain updated licenses and contracts.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with service providers and clients.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal/external clients.
• Stay current on all emerging digital technologies, trends and best practices. Including improvement of existing technologies.
• Strong writing for digital communications experience, understanding of Associated Press (AP) Style and ability to work with and communicate effectively to a diverse audience. Ensure all web content is accurate and edited prior to publishing to ensure proper spelling, grammar, AP style, relevancy, consistency of voice, tone and messaging.
• Assist in / lead creating and editing in-house video projects.
• Assist in implementation of all online support services, web, email, social media and other electronic content.
• Attend College events for social media/photography coverage as directed.
• Work closely with clients in development and improvement of web pages and content.
• Archive web based information for future needs and reference.
• Other duties as assigned
• Supervise staff as appropriate.
This listing has expired
Graphic Design/Social Media
|Years of Experience||--|