Our mission is simple:
Strengthen communities and inspire giving.
Strengthen communities and inspire giving.
POSITION: Project Hope Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Initiatives
DATE: May 2017
JOB CATEGORIES: Community Impact
JOB STATUS: Full-time
MIN. EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 403b Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time and Parking
The Project Hope Coordinator is a member of the Community Foundation’s Strategic Initiatives team. The Community Foundation is passionate about creating a strong, thriving and vibrant region by inspiring community members to give, making grants to strengthen nonprofits, and investing in long-term community initiatives focused on academic achievement, economic opportunity, and equity and inclusion. The Project Hope Coordinator will lead initiatives that focus on helping children and families thrive; especially in the area of Family Economic Security (FES).
The Coordinator will work with organizations in the community to identify needs and gaps in services, programs, or existing resources to bring about long-term systems change for improving achievement outcomes. The purpose of the Project Hope FES work is to align financial empowerment services provided by government, academia, non-profit and for profit sectors to improve the financial capabilities of low income NE Iowa residents.
The coordinator will be responsible for:
- Leading the Project Hope Steering Committee
- Convening systems stakeholders to address systems change
- Supporting National League of Cities FES Cohort
- Support the Bank On Initiative
- Work with Partners to increase access to the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Support Local College Access Network (LCAN)
- Coordination of community engagement work in the Washington Neighborhood
- Other activities/programs that ‘Help Our People Excel’ as opportunities arise
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and value relationships with partners to create a shared vision for achieving college access and other education attainment objectives through employment opportunities and access to financial services
- Work with networks, working groups and other community stakeholders to develop and execute a strategic plan focused on improving family and economic security
- Gather, use and share data to measure progress and develop shared outcomes
- Develop a communications strategy that informs stakeholders and builds awareness
- Operate within the budget and manage funding effectively
- Support efforts to develop partnerships and funding to support the work
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires an outgoing, dynamic, highly organized and skilled employee who has a proven track record in organization, communication, strategic thinking, and being a strong team player. Critical skills include:
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Problem solving, research and ability to share best-practice solutions and strategies
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||700 Locust, Suite 195|
|Apply by Mail:||700 Locust, Suite 195|
Dubuque, IA 52001
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|