Quality Technician - 2nd ShiftAndersen Windows & Doors, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Andersen Windows, Inc. is a part of Andersen Corporation; the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. The flagship Andersen® brand is the most recognized and most used brand in the window and patio door industry. In addition to the Andersen brand, Andersen Corporation includes Renewal by Andersen window replacement, Silver Line, and American Craftsman brand windows and doors sold exclusively at The Home Depot. Andersen was founded in 1903 and is privately owned. The company is known for its strong history of commitment to its business partners, employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen employs 9,000 people and markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
Minimum Qualifications for this outstanding opportunity include:
- Two year technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively apply acquired knowledge, skills and abilities to a variety of assignments within a basic range of technical difficulty.
- Shows an understanding of quality, engineering and scientific methodologies and their successful application.
- Understands methodologies associated with project planning.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; working knowledge of quality software/tools is preferred.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|