Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
This opportunity allows a student to have flexible, 1st shift hours to suit their scheduling needs.
- Pre- employment tasks:
- Review submitted applications/resume information
- Schedule and conduct interviews
- Perform background/reference checks.
- Adhering to our union's job bidding process and its related functions.
- Update job postings (internal and external).
- Database maintenance.
- Maintain filing systems and employee file QA checks.
- Attend job fairs in the Dubuque and surrounding communities as a representative of Area Residential Care.
- Additional help as needed to assist the Marketing/ PR Director in agency-sponsored events
- Display a professional and courteous image for the agency at all times.
- Enrolled in third or fourth year at a university or college working toward a BA in Business Administration or Human Resources
- Highly organized and detail-oriented person proficient with a variety of office equipment, computer, and computer database applications.
- Candidate will be working with sensitive employee information. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and be multi-task oriented.
Full or Part Time
|Years of Experience||--|