Expeditor/Office AssistantGreen Industrial Supply, Inc., Dubuque, IA
Green Industrial Supply is a privately held and operated company that has a vested interest in best servicing the customer. Our core business is in the procuring, consolidating, and sub-assembly for OEM markets which we have been servicing for more than 25 years. With extraordinary customer service, quality, and competitive pricing, we continue to experience growth and success.
Green Industrial Supply, Inc. is looking to increase our #1 resource - our employees! Our people are what have led to our success as we realize our vision of being the supplier of choice for our customer and becoming known as one of the best places to work in the Dubuque area.
It is the policy of Green Industrial Supply, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Green Industrial Supply will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Green Industrial Supply, Inc., a consolidator, sub-assembler, and shipper to major OEMs, has an opening for an Expeditor. This position is responsible for assisting in the placement, tracking and expediting of orders in the ATOS area to ensure materials are delivered in the specified time. The position will also be first to answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls and perform other administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a record of the outstanding purchase orders and contact vendors through telephone calls, by email and in person.
- Review & input daily sheets & advise Order Management Specialist of possible PO needs.
- Place sales orders under the direction of the Order Management Specialist.
- Monitors sales orders to insure that they are delivered in the specified amount of time.
- Generate a list of purchase orders that are past due and follow up with the GIS suppliers for sufficient tracking, backorder information and/or proof-of deliveries.
- Maintain contact with the shipping companies to prevent delays in shipment.
- Daily entry of supplier purchase order confirmations, ship dates and backorders.
- Insure purchase order information matches the shipment.
- Follow up with Green Industrial Supply suppliers on a continual basis to ensure all required documents are submitted and complete.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls in a professional and friendly manner.
- Provide administrative support to a variety of departments
- File and maintain office paperwork.
- Participate in weekly department meetings.
- A high school degree required, Associates preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, multi-task, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, orally and in writing.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 3 or more years of computer or customer service work experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with import/export procedures, scheduling, purchasing, order fulfillment, or material planning is preferred.
To apply, submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||1525 Innovation Dr|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|