Food and Beverage ManagerFive Flags Center, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
In the heart of Dubuque, Iowa's historic downtown, is an entire city block of entertainment!
Dubuque Five Flags Center comprises the renovated historic Five Flags Theater- home of the Dubuque Symphony Orchestra, ballets, broadway shows;
Five Flags Arena - home of Dubuque Thunderbirds Hockey, concerts, sporting events, family shows,
The Bijou Room- home of Fly-By-Night Productions "theater in an intimate space."
There's always a lot going on at Five Flags! From the best family programming, to exciting sports and the nation's top touring performers, the Five Flags Center is the Tri-States home for quality entertainment.
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Department: Food & Beverage Services
Reports To: Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a
Food and Beverage Manager at the Five Flags Center.
This position is responsible for the overall management
of concessions and catering operations in the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises the concessions employees in preparation and service of food and refreshments, as well as clean-up
• Assists in the training of concessions employees engaged in the preparing and cooking foods to ensure high quality, efficient and profitable food service.
• Orders product according to anticipated demand and familiarity with public taste in food and beverages.
• Practice continuous efforts toward menu upgrades and increased services.
• Set up concession stands prior to events.
• Directs storage, preparation, and serving of refreshments by other workers at concession stand or circulating throughout audience.
• Inventories supplies on hand at end of each day or other designated period and maintains proper inventory controls.
• Assures that all concessions equipment is cleaned and properly maintained.
• Prepares concession stands and storage areas for city and state inspections.
• Works within guidelines to help manage food and labor costs.
• Maintain all facilities operations and preparation areas in accordance to federal, state, and local health codes
• Secure catering bids for event and event rider specifications.
• Continuously interact with clients up through duration of event to ensure the client’s needs are met for catering and special requests for event.
• Set up, maintain, and clean up catering locations for events.
• Prepare post event and monthly Savor reports.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Directly supervises all employees in concessions and catering.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum of an Associates Degree from college or university in Hospitality Management preferred.
• 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to control costs, generate increased revenue and manage accounts payable/receivable and financial reporting.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Strong hospitality orientation.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to train workers in preparation and cooking of foods to ensure high quality, efficient, and profitable food service.
• Knowledge of food safety procedures.
• Ability to manage several direct reports.
• Must have the ability to work a varied and flexible shift.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and have capacity to learn new programs as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Don Howes, Human Resource Designee
Five Flags Center, 405 Main St., Dubuque, IA 52001
Application online at www.fiveflagscenter.com
FAX: (563) 589-4351
“SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.”
Date Opened: May 15, 2017 Closing Date: June 2, 2017