Quality Assurance/Education/Social Work - InternshipArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
This opportunity allows a student to have flexible, 1st shift hours to suit their scheduling needs.
- Individual Programming:
- Log consumer data and Life Plan notes into Quantum database
- Maintain filing system and assist with QA checks
- Help plan, arrange resources, and assist with outings for individuals in the Day Habilitation program
- Help generate activity calendars for individuals served based on personal goals
- Provide backup support to the front desk receptionsit
- Greet guests and direct as needed
- Answer main telephone line and transfer calls to appropriate personnel
- Assist agency personnel with data entry, word processing, filing
- Display a professional and courteous image for the agency at all times.
- Enrolled in third or fourth year at a university or college working toward a BA in Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, Business Administration, or related
- Highly organized and detail-oriented person proficient with a variety of office equipment, computer, and computer database applications.
- Candidate will be working with sensitive consumer information. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and be multi-task oriented.
Full or Part Time
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|