Weekend Instructor - Dubuque and Dyersville!!!Area Residential Care, Dyersville, IA Dubuque, IA
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 300 individuals and employs nearly 300 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
Are you often described as A mbitious, R esourceful, and C heerful? Do you thrive in a positive environment dedicated to supporting those with intellectual and physical disabilities achieve their goals? If you’re excited reading this, then Area Residential Care is the place for you!
What You Will Do:
- Trains, instructs, and supervises individuals served in the skills and behaviors necessary to live and recreate in natural home and community settings.
- Assists with the daily schedules and program activities of four to six individuals served per location.
- Assists individuals as necessary to complete food purchasing and preparation, do laundry, complete household duties, and complete hygiene activities including showering/bathing, toileting, and oral hygiene.
- Advocates for and teach individuals served on how to exercise their rights and on how to be safe.
- Uses a variety of techniques to modify behavior within the home, including physical restraint if necessary.
- Constantly monitors the safety conditions in every individual’s environment.
- Completes emergency drills and environmental safety inspections in accordance with agency timelines.
- Passes medications to individuals served following all policies and procedures after completing agency sponsored training.
- Manages the stress associated with training and working with individuals who may occasionally exhibit aggressive and/or non-compliant behaviors.
- Is flexible to adjust schedule to accommodate individuals’ concerns and needs as well as staffing requirements of the home(s).
- Maintains positive, appropriate relationships and effective communication with individuals served, agency staff, members of the community, and service providers.
- Consistently ensures that programming, toileting schedules, etc. are completed for each person served including during times of crisis/behavioral situations, emergency/scheduled evacuations, and while attending to specific medical needs.
- Ensures data is recorded promptly and accurately in regards to notes, incidents, etc.
- Assists individuals with making and/or being present at medical/dental appointments as necessary.
What You Need:
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- Six months of consistent general work experience
- 12th grade level of reading, math, and writing skills
- Comprehend basic medical and life-skill programs
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria required for most positions
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Must develop and maintain positive, appropriate, cooperative relationships with individuals served, agency staff, business professionals, and individuals’ parents/guardians
- Successful clearance of criminal background check
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
|Apply for this Job!|
|Contact Information:||Kayla Myers|
Human Resource Assistant
|Apply by Phone:||563-557-4748|
|Apply in Person:||3355 Kennedy Circle|
|Apply by Mail:||3355 Kennedy Circle|
Dubuque, IA 52002
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|