Staff Nurse - LPNArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
Seeking a L.P.N. to assist the nursing department manage a caseload of 24 individuals with intellectual disabilities. Work in a rewarding environment during 1st Shift hours, completing routine assessments, and attending to minimal emergencies.
What You'll Need:
- LPN currently licensed to practice in Iowa.
- Requires excellent verbal, written and computer skills and strong organizational skills.
- Must develop positive, cooperative relationships with agency staff, medical staff, and individuals’ parents/guardians.
- Moderate physical work that requires occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Frequent walking and standing, and occasional stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling are necessary.
- Must be able to physically prompt, transfer, escort, and physically restrain individuals served.
- May need to transport individuals served or agency products to various community locations in agency owned vehicles and/or personal vehicle (requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria).
What You'll Do:
- Assist with the medical care of the individuals served in the ICF/ID program and as designated in other programs. Develop a working knowledge of ICF/ID regulations related to medical issues. Completes nursing assessments and develops plans of care.
- Provides direction to direct contact staff, Medication Managers, Certified Medication Aides, and families regarding the daily medical needs of the individuals served in residential homes.
- Communicates medical needs of individuals served to the person’s physician, hospital personnel, dentist or other appropriate medical personnel.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with individuals and their parents/guardians, agency staff, and members of the medical community.
- Observes agency policies related to confidentiality of personal health information of individuals and staff.
When You'll Work:
This is a Monday-Friday position. Hours are flexible between 7am and 5pm
Wage is adjusted depending on experience.
This listing has expired
Full or Part Time
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|