Community Living Instructors - Dubuque and Dyersville!!Area Residential Care, Dyersville, IA Dubuque, IA
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 300 individuals and employs nearly 300 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
At Area Residential Care, we believe that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community. To achieve our vision, we work as a team to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
What You Do:
- Assist and supervise consumers with their daily program activites and life skills
- Assists individuals as necessary to complete hygiene activities including showering/bathing, toileting, and oral care.
- Uses a variety of techniques to modify behavior within the home, including physical restraint if necessary.
- Passes medications to individuals served following all policies and procedures after completing agency sponsored training.
- Is flexible to adjust schedule to accommodate individuals’ concerns and needs as well as staffing requirements of the home(s).
- Maintains positive, appropriate relationships and effective communication with individuals served, agency staff, members of the community, and service providers.
- Ensures data is recorded promptly and accurately in regards to notes, incidents, etc.
- Assists individuals with making and/or being present at medical/dental appointments as necessary.
What You Need:
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- Six months of consistent general work experience
- Ability to comprehend basic medical and life-skill programs
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for most positions
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
What We Offer:
- Full benefits package (Life, Health, Dental and Vision Insurances, 401k)
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
- Accrued disability time
- Paid trainings
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Full-time and part-time employment with a variety of shifts
- An opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact every day in a fun and upbeat family work environment!
Full and Part Time
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|