Client Services Assistant/Client Accounts AssistantHillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Job Purpose: Performs clerical, receptionist, and client services duties for the Hillcrest Family Services (MHC).
- High school diploma, GED or work certification required.
- 1 year office experience preferred.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire date.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
- Greets clients and visitors in a professional, confidential manner.
- Answers telephone using proper telephone etiquette.
- Checks clients in and out using proper etiquette and focus on confidentiality.
- Reviews demographic information using proper technique with each client appointment.
- Reviews insurance coverage with client using proper technique and obtains copy of current medical insurance card (front and back) if it has been indicated that there is a change or issue with coverage. Obtains any/all payments including copays, balances, and SFS% from each client as applicable.
- Schedules appointments for clients and administrative staff as requested, including subsequent appointments if not already done by the therapist.
- Coordinates when client needs to meet with Funding Assistant in regard to any/all information or funding issues to assists in maintaining clinic operations and quality assurance for the center.
- Informs Funding Assistant of any insurance changes so can be updated in funding screens.
- Updates the No Show/Cancellation spreadsheets.
- As directed, assists in maintaining accurate client files in electronic health record.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team, maintaining good work relationships.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Acts as a backup for front desk coverage (i.e., staff's breaks, vacation, and sick days).
- Completes special projects as assigned including: Entering Magellan Chi results within 2 week deadline of client's last appointment
- Sends weekly entries of yearly release documentation reminders to clients' appointment notes as assigned.
- Provides assistance to clients by completing initial/year information process, evaluates and establishes funding/insurance needs.
- Obtains client's signature on releases and other pertinent forms.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|