Full-time Security OfficerUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
FULL TIME SECURITY OFFICER
The University of Dubuque is seeking qualified, self-motivated candidates for the position of a Full time Security Officer. The successful candidate must be available to work on weekends and evenings. Responsibilities include opening and closing campus facilities, issuing parking violations and maintaining the security and safety of people and property on campus by patrolling on foot and enforcing university rules and regulations. University of Dubuque offers a very competitive benefit package including 4 weeks of vacation and new starting salary.
- Qualifications include ability to walk and climb stairs.
- High school degree.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in basic computer knowledge.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Deal professionally and politely with students, faculty and staff.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, UD Employment Application form, located on our website, and three references to HR@dbq.edu or Director of Human Resources, University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001. AA/EOE