Corrugated Packaging Customer Service RepresentativeGeorgia-Pacific Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our wood products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit http://www.gp.com/.
Our facility in Dubuque, IA is a corrugated box facility. Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products. We specialize in produce, poultry and bulk containers, and with our expertise in direct print and lithographic multi-color boxes, we provide cost-effective corrugated packaging systems for virtually any product. Our customers experience a team approach, integrating materials, package engineering and automation elements to meet production, distribution and sales expectations. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
Are you customer-focused, a quick learner and detail-oriented? Do you excel at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, we may have a great role for you at Georgia-Pacific!
Our Packaging facility in Dubuque, Iowa is seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our team. The Customer Service Representative plays an integral part in meeting our customers’ needs focusing on account services, customer retention and accurate orders and deliveries.
To ensure customer expectations are met, our team is flexible and adaptable to evolving business needs; primary work hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. However, overtime including weekends may be required during peak times.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Functioning as the primary liaison between our sales team, scheduling, production, shipping and end user customers to ensure accurate and timely information in our order entry, change, and inventory management systems
- Interacting with customers by phone, email and/or in person to receive orders, cancellations, and changes in product(s) or to clarify needs and requirement
- Communicating changes, delays, requests, etc. to sales representatives, manufacturing team and customers as appropriate
- Completing various forms and input information into order entry systems regarding product specification
- Managing customer inventory, production backlogs, invoices, and other administrative records.
- Coordinating complaints concerning billing, product or services rendered, referring complaints by interfacing with Quality Assurance and working with appropriate departments to identify root cause and corrective action.
- Occasionally traveling to visit customer facilities
- Thriving in an environment of continuous change
- Working in a manufacturing facility and engaging with production employees on the floor to ensure flawless execution of customer orders along with understanding of printing/graphics capabilities and structural drawings
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Customer Service in a manufacturing, industrial warehouse, or distribution center environment
- Willing and able to work overtime as needed
- Experience using Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience performing mathematical calculations[SKN2] [SGY3] which may include adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions
- Experience presenting information in one-on-one and small group settings
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Associates degree or higher
- Experience in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience with data management systems/process flow
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|