Sales ExecutiveGreat River Learning, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A full-solutions company headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, Great River Learning is an educational technology solutions company that works closely with the Higher Education market to develop and customize publications that integrate multi-media and technology to meet the learning needs of today's students.
We strive to provide the highest level of service and the most innovative products in the industry. We recognize that an educational web site is only as good as its instructional design, functionality, performance, and reliability and our goal is to deliver that for our clients.
For more information visit our website at
Imagine the fun and excitement of being an investor on Shark Tank. It’s your job to interview, listen for business potential, and persuade select candidates to work with your company. Wouldn’t that be a fun way to acquire new business!? At Great River Learning (GRL) you’re in the driver’s seat. You travel to different colleges and universities in your territory to identify business opportunities, interview professors, and persuade author candidates that have what it takes to become GRL authors. Occasionally, you’ll need to beat-out other “sharks” swimming in the same water. We want to partner with talented educators in charge of lower-level, higher-enrollment courses to develop more interactive and engaging materials. Also, if the publication we develop works well locally we have the experience and resources to market it nationally.
Who We Are
Great River Learning (GRL) is an established, higher education company that focuses on developing engaging publications by integrating videos, animations, and interactive exercises. We see enormous business opportunity because we know most students don’t read traditional 900-page textbooks…unless they’re cramming for a test. We develop next-generation textbooks that are well designed, interactive, and media-rich. Our employees are driven and passionate about excelling, learning, having fun, and making the world a better place by helping to improve the experience of both college-level students and professors. Learn more by visiting us at www.greatriverlearning.com.
In A Typical Work Week You Will…
- Pre-plan prior to each campus visit by sending emails and making several phone calls.
- Travel to and work colleges and universities for a week at a time. Travel is typically 2 weeks per month during academic terms.
- Run meetings to interview, identify business opportunity, and recruit select college professors to become GRL authors.
- Make the most of time on campus by making additional phone calls of higher priority contacts or department chairs.
- Follow-up with prospective and existing authors. This includes keeping notes and next steps in the CRM for all prospective, in-development, and existing publications so both you and the in-house team have the information they need.
Characteristics of Who GRL Looks For in This Role
- A top performer that’s used to going above and beyond the minimum expectations.
- Competitive, highly organized, and self-driven.
- Someone who sees time as a resource that shouldn’t be wasted. You take advantage of time between appointments instead of moseying around or reading the newspaper.
- Someone who possesses enough leadership, motivation and purpose to hold yourself accountable.
- Positive and have a “can do” attitude towards life.
- Someone who has “been there” bringing sales experience from any industry that will translate into success with us.
- Someone who enjoyed being on a college campus while earning your Bachelor’s Degree, because in this job, you’ll be working with college professors.
If what we described matches your background and skills, we’d love to talk to you. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, LTD, 401k and profit sharing, and PTO. Potential six figure salary. All applicants must have valid driver’s license. E-mail your resume, cover letter along with salary requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer