Supplier Quality EngineerHUSCO International, Maquoketa, IA
This listing has expired
HUSCO International, Inc has continued to be a global leader in the development and manufacture of hydraulic and electro-hydraulic controls for off-highway applications. With over 80,000 square feet in Maquoketa, IA and additional locations across the globe, including China, India & England, HUSCO is strategically located to provide best-in-class service to many of the largest earthmoving, agricultural and construction machine manufacturers no matter where they are in the world. HUSCO provides competitive wages and benefits, 22 paid vacation and holidays, various bonus programs, uniforms, and a drug and smoke-free environment. HUSCO believes in stronger communities through volunteering and philanthropic support. To learn more about HUSCO and the career opportunities that are available, visit us at www.husco.com!
A Supplier Quality Engineer reviews the requirements, hard and soft, in the design, the assembly and the manufacture at the supplier to make certain that long term capability can be established and sustained. A successful Supplier Quality Engineer is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure and prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
- Develop Best-in-Class Global Supply Base. Work in close collaboration with Director of Quality and Purchasing Manager to identify and develop best-in-class global supply base with emphasis on achieving zero PPM. Complete new supplier systems audits along with current supplier process and systems audits. Facilitate supplier selection process relative to system quality expectations. Effective development and management “probationary” suppliers. Process FMEA’s throughout the potential supply base. Assess ISO/TS requirements and communicate results to stakeholders. Develop and ensure technology transfer between suppliers of equal standing to the benefit of HUSCO.
- Support New Product Launches and Existing Production. Maintain thorough understanding of inspection and manufacturing processes. Work with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering to effectively introduce new programs to the external customer without any issue of concern. Complete PPAP and APQP on current and new production components and assemblies. Review documentation for completeness and conformity to regulatory standards and maintain latest revisions. Thoroughly understand documentation requirements internally and externally. Work with suppliers and quality engineers on continuous improvement efforts with goal of zero PPM. Take a leading role in technical cost reduction activities.
- New Product Development. Take a leading role in new program development activities through active involvement in Design and Process FMEA’s, within HUSCO and throughout the potential supply base. Work closely with engineering team to review the part/assembly related manufacture requirements from the conceptual stage to mature production, ensuring that designs are modified where necessary and that costs are managed effectively.
- Execute and Communicate Production Non-Conformance Reports (PNCR). Identify, understand and communicate non-conformances. Complete root cause analysis to ensure correct issues are addressed. Communicate supplier containment and certification of replacement parts. Ensure corrective action has been completed and is effective for root cause problem resolution.
- Support Purchasing Department. Support Purchasing endeavors to reduce/maintain costing and supply chain requirements. Define and take ownership of Supplier Recovery Activities on all lines.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- College Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline with Quality emphasis or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a component manufacturing environment. Range of knowledge to include various machining operations, injection molding (polymer and metallic) processes, and metal fabrication (stamping, welding, bending, etc) processes.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and related inspection practices
- ASQ CQE preferred.
- Exhibit good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision making skills and abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Operations, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills preferred 8D methodology.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. Accurate typing/computer data entry with above average attention to detail.
- Travel up to 50%, domestic and international; must have valid driver license for inter-plant travel and current passport.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|