Entry Level Medical Screener/Phlebotomist (25 - 30 hrs/wk)Biolife Plasma Services, Dubuque, IA
BioLife Plasma Services is an industry leader in the collection of high-quality plasma that is processed into life-saving plasma-based therapies
Responsible for all Medical History job skills in order to screen new and repeat donors for eligibility to donate; and/or perform entry-level Phlebotomy floor skills as assigned and trained to complete.
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities. Employees must also maintain complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
- Committed to meet customer service expectations
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Answer phones within reasonable timeframe.
- Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed.
- May perform all required duties in the area of Medical History (including, but not limited to):
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System (DIS).
- Prepare and assemble new and repeat donor charts.
o Coordinate donors to donor floor and compensate donors using the Debit Card system
- May perform specific entry-level duties in the area of Phlebotomy including:
- Install, prime, and disconnect disposable sets on the plasmapheresis machines.
- Operate, maintain, and perform trouble-shooting of plasmapheresis machines within scope of training. Refer advanced trouble-shooting to certified technicians.
- Monitor donors during donation process and respond to donor reactions.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment.
- Stock supplies, break down empty cartons and assist with proper disposal.
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors. (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above decisions. (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns. (internal)
- Reports to Center Manager. (Internal)
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and other team meetings as needed.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 5 lbs. and occasional lifting of materials up to 32 lbs. and rarely 50 lbs.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wear.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|