Dental HygienistCrescent Community Health Center, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Crescent Community Health Center is a local medical and dental clinic providing basic (primary) medical and oral health care. Our doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, dental hygienists and other staff offer high-quality and affordable care to anyone needing a medical and/or dental home. Our philosophy is to make the patient, the center of care and a partner in treatment. The cost of our services for uninsured patients are figured on a sliding fee scale and discounted based upon the household income and size. We serve individuals and families who are uninsured, underinsured and those with various types of insurance. Patients from any area are welcomed to our practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical services including but not limited to: oral prophylaxis, instruction for proper home care techniques for oral hygiene including tooth brushing, flossing, nutrition and need for professional care; apply topical fluorides and sealants; screen and evaluate clients regarding caries detection, periodontal pathology; assess medical history; operate digital radiography equipment; supra and sub gingival scaling and curettage; root planning; procedures involving team periodontal techniques; administration of local anesthetics; gross debridement in treatment of acute periodontal conditions.
- Provides dental education and instruction to clients individually and/or in groups.
- Assists dentist as required in treatment of teeth and gums.
- Uses all available resources in diagnosis and treatment in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Maintains electronic clinical records and maintains other records regarding services provided, supplies and materials used.
- Participates in development of dental policies, procedures, dental record, and quality improvement plan.
- Maintains, uses, processes, and stores instruments, supplies, and equipment according to established standards.
- Participates in ensuring professional education for self and staff to maintain the highest level of expertise.
- Maintains positive relationships with other professionals within the community.
Position Schedule: Wed. and Thurs. 8:00 am - 1:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Experience: Five years’ hygienist experience required
Education: Graduate of accredited school of dental hygiene. Licensed to practice in Iowa.
Requirements: Current State of Iowa dental hygiene license/registration. Certified for anesthesia and Nitrous.
Must be qualified to become an authorized driver in accordance with driver authorization guidelines.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
Crescent offers competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you are interested in joining a mission driven non-profit that truly makes a difference in people’s lives, submit a resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|