Mental Health Counselor - FT Monday-Friday 3PM-11PM (NO WEEKENDS!)Hillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's or Associates degree and experience in the human services field preferred.
- Must be able to drive agency vehicles.
- Per Chapter 63 employee must not be a habitual abuser of alcohol and drugs, a criminal or abuser, and be free of any communicable diseases.
- Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training must be completed within 6 months of hire (for all staff) and every 5 years thereafter (for client care staff).
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
- Full time staff are required to be trained on the following items with 30 days of hire (90 days for part time). Member rights; rights, restrictions and limitations; member confidentiality; provision of member medication (policy training within 30 days; and "hands on" training per policy); individual support needs; behavior intervention plans, and incident reporting. Staff serving clients with brain injury must also receive training on that topic prior to service provision to members.
1. Provides case coordination for each resident and serves as a primary worker for clients as assigned.
2. Conducts assessments for each client and develop an individualized treatment plan.
3. Assists in obtaining appropriate community resources or services for each client. Co coordinates those additional community treatment services, as needed.
4. Maintains a complete and updated clinical record for each client as assigned.
5. Schedules staffing for primary clients, as required.
6. Documents significant information in each file in a clear and timely manner.
7. Assures program treatment plans and IAP's are updated on a quarterly basis.
8. Provide individualized and group skill building for residents.
9. Teaches necessary problem solving and independent living skills.
10. Facilitates social recreation activities within the facility and the community.
11. Provides transportation for clients as needed by adhering to all traffic laws and ensure that clients comply as well.
12. Provides a safe and welcome living environment for residents.
13. Immediately corrects safety hazards or to report them to Program Coordinator or maintenance as appropriate.
14. Assists in the daily upkeep of the facility including housekeeping and supplies.
15. Assists in meal preparation and maintaining a safe kitchen.
16. Communicates with and coordinates services with other treatment providers when appropriate.
17. Participates in a multi-disciplinary team in providing treatment for clients
18. Adheres to all licensing, regulatory and agency guidelines.
19. Attends all training as required.
20. Attends and actively participates in team meetings.
21. Shares in weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled.
22. Provides on call coverage for crisis situations as needed. Is available for shift coverage and crisis resolution as needed.
23. Handles additional responsibilities, as assigned, for all clients; and to assume all other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|