Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- High School graduate or equivalent. Courses completed in culinary arts preferred.
- Completion of Food Sanitation and Safety Course.
- Knowledge and experience in institutional cooking preferred.
- 1 year experience in supervisory role preferred.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Serves as a role model and facilitator of excellence to all areas of service delivery, both in internal and external relations.
- Prepares daily meals for the residents and students of Hillcrest.
- Under the direction of the Food Services Manager makes menu substitutions as needed.
- Cultivates a meaningful relationship with each vocational client while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Stimulates and encourages attainment of each vocational client's education goals.
- Tracks information needed for reimbursement purposes.
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen areas and food storage facilities.
- Assures cleaning schedule and temperature log record keeping is followed in a satisfactory manner.
- Assists with maintaining inventory of all items and commodities.
- Maintains safety standards and safety rules.
- In the absence of the manager notifies the maintenance department of equipment breakdown and/or safety hazards.
- Assists manger with oversight of job duties when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Food and Beverage
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|