Student Services Administrative AssistantNortheast Iowa Community College, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Provide a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for college guests and students.
2. Communicate general college information and the admission process to interested prospects and applicants via telephone calls, office visits, and various written requests.
3. Schedule and facilitate prospective student campus visits.
4. Coordinate communication for high school visits.
5. Manage and process daily outgoing enrollment communication and manage inventory of academic and promotional print materials.
6. Create and maintain electronic admission files from application to enrollment within document management software.
7. Complete data entry for all incoming application and enrollment documents, applications, transcripts, course placement score reports, financial aid, and other documents related to enrollment.
8. Ensure a high standard of customer service to students within an integrated enrollment model.
9. Assist with career events as needed. Help with registration, marketing materials and reporting.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
1. Minimum of one year of post-secondary education in Administrative Assistant area with one year of relevant work experience or two years of related post-secondary education.
2. Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point. Ellucian Colleague experience beneficial.
3. Ability to multi-task, learn processes quickly and apply new knowledge effectively.
4. Effectively communicate in writing and orally with internal and external audiences. Must have strong proofreading skills.
6. Highly organized with proven customer service skills.
7. Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
8. Capability to remain calm and work efficiently in a fast-paced, multifaceted office environment.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|