Marketing ManagerMcGraw-Hill Education, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
At McGraw-Hill Education, we believe that our contribution to unlocking a brighter future lies within the application of our deep understanding of how learning happens and how the mind develops. It exists where the science of learning meets the art of teaching.
Educators have been and always will be at the core of the learning experience. The solutions we develop help educators impart their knowledge to students more efficiently. We believe that harnessing technology can enhance learning inside and outside of the classroom and deepen the connections between students and teachers to empower greater success.
By partnering with educators around the globe, our learning engineers, content developers and pedagogical experts are developing increasingly open learning ecosystems that are proven to improve pass rates, elevate grades and increase engagement for each individual learner while improving outcomes for all.
Why? Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Marketing Manager in our Dubuque, IA, office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Marketing Manager is responsible for achieving sales goals on assigned titles and/or lists by creating and coordinating all marketing efforts of the same, working in tandem with editorial, advertising, and sales personnel.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of essential product information working with product team colleagues, authors, and copywriters to develop accurate and current data that will serve as the basis for catalogs, websites, product kits, book bulletins, brochures, space advertising and training materials; Coordinate all pre- and post-publication marketing reviews in professional journals by directly communicating with appropriate journals regarding new MHHE projects. Work with editors in identifying reviewers at key schools to maximize sales.
- Develop and recommend marketing objectives; develop digital training materials for sales representatives. Working with sales management personnel, train new representatives regarding MHHE product, competition, curriculum and issues and trends.
- Become a master of our digital products and the competition. Know our key competitive advantages and how to exploit those of our competitors; analyze market trends and potential market opportunities and participate in market research, market planning and product development.
- Recommend changes and improvements in assigned product lines through data gathered by contact with the sales force on campus travel and convention attendance.
- Oversee an annual convention plan for educational markets: identifying appropriate meetings to attend; developing special individualized marketing plans for each meeting; insuring that necessary books, fixtures and promotional materials are sent; training the assigned representatives based on the meeting’s objectives; and achieving sales and editorial goals for each meeting. Coordinate these tasks with convention personnel.
- Participate in developing and implementing telemarketing strategies and campaigns; participate in developing and implementing database marketing strategies and campaigns; Participate in presentation of product at all national, regional and district sales meetings.
- Answer customer and sales representatives’ inquiries. Troubleshoot special problems; provide assistance in closing business through personal visits with the sales representatives in key adoption situations.
- Gather, assimilate and analyze new competitive product information and report same to product development and sales; Prepare, implement, monitor, review and evaluate marketing plans for selected titles.
- Communicate to field sales force regarding important product information and marketing issues and trends; functional supervision exercised over an assistant and/or other clerical support personnel; perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Two to three years sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Marketing, sales or editorial experience in publishing.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|