Plumbing, Heating & Electrical Company
Summary: Under minimal supervision, this individual will provide services including diagnostics, repairs, and equipment and system replacements in homes and in businesses to customer’s satisfaction. Continuously looks for opportunities to generate revenue and cut costs for the HVAC department through continued learning of the latest products and services and by managing his/her truck inventory. Will perform other duties as required or assigned.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with customers, management, office staff, and coworkers.
- Perform specific HVAC installation and repairs in accordance with company standards, HVAC code, and in conjunction with management staff.
- Be up-to-date and maintain knowledge of state HVAC code.
- Provide through inspections, and be accurate in customer price quotes.
- Help customers make purchasing decisions that are mutually beneficial to the company and customer.
- Adhere to instruction of the Manager or working Supervisor.
- Effectively read and comprehend blueprints and specification sheets as required by project.
- Fill out required paperwork thoroughly and accurately and turn in daily to office staff.
- Assist with training new hires on company policy and procedures.
- Participate in all required staff meetings and training
- Participate in after-hours and on call emergency coverage as assigned by the service Manager.
- Help maintain and promote a high company moral, professional and friendly work environment, and adhere to company set standards pertaining to professional appearance.
- Follow through with daily job responsibilities and instructions and report daily job progress to working partner or department manager.
- Continually look for educational opportunities to further your knowledge of the trade.
- Maintain an intermediate knowledge of HVAC installation and repairs in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in compliance with company safety procedures.
- Work toward continuous quality improvement.
- Stay current with changing, related technology.
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- High School Diploma/GED, some technical school training preferred
- Four or more years related HVAC experienced.
- Proficient knowledge of tools and HVAC equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of HVAC code.
- Able to comprehend basic math problems and have basic computer skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and on call.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Licensed technician in Il, IA or WI preferred.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|