Paramedic-Emergency DepartmentUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Dubuque Finley Hospital
Work hours will be 7:00 pm to 7:00 am, for 48 hours per pay period. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed. This position has a holiday and weekend rotation.
The in-hospital paramedic will work assigned shifts in the Emergency Department. During this time the paramedic will be able to function within their level of certification under the direction of Emergency Department Physicians and Registered Nurses, following existing policies and procedures of the Emergency Department as approved by the Emergency Department Medical Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The associate is aware of hospital and department compliance for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of department or hospital administrative staff.
· Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the hospital’s commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity.
· Successfully completes hospital-wide orientation, annual hospital competencies and unit specific competencies.
· For the safety of our patients and co-workers, Finley requires seasonal and job related vaccinations. This is reviewed regularly during periodic health assessments.
· Performs patient care functions as required.
o Assumes primary responsibility for the plan of care through their shift or episode of care for a patient or group of patients, per unit standards and nursing care required for the specified patient population.
o Effectively delegates tasks and responsibilities to other health care team members and assumes responsibility for follow-up and collaboration.
o Performs admission assessment process per specific unit standards to include patient history, physical, and psycho-social assessment. Utilizes physical assessment data, diagnostic data (lab, radiology, diagnostic testing), pharmacological information, and patient/family perceptions in formulating nursing diagnosis related to focus problem areas and identifying goals of care.
o Assumes responsibility for developing a plan of care that is mutually established with the patient and family. Each patient is treated as an individual, with their identified goals and expectations reviewed each shift to verify priorities. White boards in the patient rooms serve as a means of communicating with patients.
o Implements the plan of care according to current standards of nursing practice, evidence-based practice, hospital protocol and procedures and selected competencies approved for the care of the designated patient population.
o Continually evaluates outcomes of nursing care by assessing and re-assessing patient and family responses. Updates the plan and goals of care to reflect changes in needs.
o Integrates multidisciplinary approach to maintain comfort, support human functions and responses, and maintain an environment conducive to safety and well-being. Implements measures to promote a safe environment.
o Assesses need for patient and family education. Provides health teaching and counseling, as appropriate. Facilitates referrals to appropriate resources.
o Multidisciplinary patient charting is done concurrently as care is provided to assure that goals of care and patient outcomes are being achieved.
o Partners with the healthcare team to achieve the patient care outcomes and goals of care.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Must have successfully completed an accredited paramedic training course
· Maintains certification as an EMT Paramedic Specialist.
· Must possess current Paramedic licensure in the State of Iowa.
· The paramedic will have a minimum of on year experience on a paramedic specialist ground service or related experience.
· The paramedic must hold current certifications in BCLS, ACLS, and PALS according to standards of the American Heart Association.
· NRP will be provided and certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
This listing has expired
|Req Num||2017-35550, 2017-35843|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|