Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
No nights, weekends OR holidays!
Job Purpose: To provide clinical, educational, and clerical support services in the Health Clinic.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and licensed in the State of Iowa or certified as a medical assistant.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse and Human Trafficking training within four months of hire date.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
- Performs patient interview and document on patient record.
- Obtains and reviews health history.
- Provides client education pertaining to basic anatomy and physiology, contraceptives and health care.
- Completes height, weight, blood pressure, HgB and UA.
- Prepares client for exam, inclusive of room set up and take down.
- Fax in prescription to pharmacy as directed by Nurse Practitioner.
- Accurately documents care given in the clinical record.
- Handles follow up of clients receiving contraceptives.
- Observes and document client response to and compliance with contraceptive of choice.
- Supplies contraceptives in compliance with protocols.
- Refers clients exhibiting problems to appropriate care.
- Assists in Pap follow up using Hillcrest Family Services clinic protocol, guidelines and recommendations of Nurse Practitioner.
- Follows up of STD testing using Hillcrest Clinic protocol, guidelines and recommendations of Nurse Practitioner.
- Adheres to all licensing, regulatory and agency guidelines.
- Assists in maintaining clinic operations.
- Knows agency's policy and procedures in case of emergencies, and works with staff & clients in following all emergency procedures.
- Returns phone calls to clients, addressing their concerns using Hillcrest Family Services protocols/procedures/guidelines.
- Obtains release of information and medical records per Hillcrest Family Services clinic procedure.
- Is aware of schedule, assisting co-workers when needed to keep clinic flow smooth and on time.
- Stocks interview and exam rooms with necessary equipment and forms.
- Uses "no show" time in an effective, productive manner.
- Provides quality assurance for the health clinic.
- Reviews (audits) medical files as assigned.
- Offers suggestions for improving care given to clients.
- Participates in continuing education and training opportunities.
- Answer telephone using proper telephone etiquette.
- Route phone calls and/or messages to appropriate staff.
- Prepare pill supplies for patients.
- Assist in maintaining accurate patient files (computer and written chart).
- Completes necessary forms to send in test labs specimen.
- Completes time studies in a timely manner.
- Checks fridge temperature daily.
- Prints off lab results, attached to chart and delivers to NP.
- Assist in ordering supplies for the clinic according with Clinic Manager instructions/approval.
- Keeps accurate records of medication and medical supplies.
- Assist in maintaining clinic operations.
- Open the office per clinic procedure in a timely manner.
- Pull and prepare patient charts for lab, return phone calls, or other reviews.
- Make copies when needed.
- Close office per clinic procedure.
- Provide quality assurance for the health clinic.
- Participate in clinic staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinic Manager.
- Ability to communicate with providers regarding social service and/or treatment needs of the patient. Assists the provider to facilitate follow-up care.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses other needs of patient and family.
- Work with Maternal Health to ensure flow of information between WIC, Maternal Health and Family Planning Clinic.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Maintains current knowledge of resources available within the community, maintains supply of resource materials to be distributed to patients when needed. Is able to obtain other resources as needed, including accessing other social service programs.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate on patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to act as a liaison between patients, the agency and the community.
- Demonstrates the ability to refer patients to appropriate resources in the community.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|