Patient Services Associate - PTHillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
This position is 4 hours a week and will be scheduled during the following times ONLY:
Job Purpose: Performs clerical, receptionist, and client services duties for the Hillcrest Family Services Professional Health Clinic.
- High school diploma, GED or work certification required.
- 1 year office experience preferred.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire date.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
1. Greets clients and visitors in a professional, confidential manner.
2. Answers telephone using proper telephone etiquette.
3. Routes phone calls and/or messages to appropriate staff, including crisis calls.
4. Checks clients in and out using proper etiquette and focus on confidentiality.
5. Reviews demographic information using proper technique with each client appointment.
6. Reviews insurance coverage with client using proper technique and obtains copy of current medical insurance card (front and back) if it has been indicated that there is a change or issue with coverage. Obtains any/all payments including copays, balances, and SFS% from each client as applicable.
7. Schedules appointments for clients and administrative staff as requested, including subsequent appointments if not already done by the therapist or prescriber.
8. Coordinates when client needs to meet with Funding Assistant in regard to any/all information or funding issues to assists in maintaining clinic operations and quality assurance for the center.
9. Updates abstract and demographic form.
10. Informs Funding Assistant of any insurance changes so can be updated in funding screens.
11. Updates the No Show/Cancellation spreadsheets
12. Assists with medication pick up
13. As directed, assists in maintaining accurate client files (computer and written chart), including preparing charts for new patients.
14. Maintains a good relationship with office/clinical staff.
15. Participates in staff meetings.
16. Other duties as assigned including but not limited to assisting in Medical Records and performing routine office functions such as processing/sorting/distributing mail, computer work, filing, and making copies.