DesignerSpahn & Rose Lumber Co, Dubuque, IA
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality mix, while encouraging our employees to have rewarding careers with avenues for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401k and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic organization that has been in business for over 110 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose Lumber Co. is a leader in the lumber and building materials industry with 24 retail stores in Iowa, Illinois & Wisconsin. Our mission is to employ the best people in the industry so that we can provide the products and services that make it easier for contractors and builders to operate their businesses efficiently and profitably.
We currently have an opening at our Dubuque yard for an experienced Designer. This position is responsible for making detailed and technical drawings for building projects per specifications provided by customers and sales staff. They will work to execute revisions to schematic design, coordinate plans with consultant documents and produce final construction documents. Projects include all types of construction including post frame and stud frame along with flatwork. Industries include agricultural, light commercial and residential.
- Establishes liaison with sales personnel in order to understand the nature of the project.
- Creates two and three dimensional drawings according to the requirements of the client.
- Sends out information to engineers to obtain required sizing and loads for headers, rafters, etc. related to that particular project.
- Sends out plans to sub-contractors to obtain quotes related to that particular project.
- Maintains library of detail drawings specific to building projects.
- Tracks drawing time related to a particular project for costing purposes.
- Plots out project plans for salesman, customers, sub-contractors, and building crews.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, and stays current with software updates.
- Prefer 5-7 years of experience in design and drafting.
- Previous experience with schematic design and construction documents of residential projects.
- Ability to draw floor plans, elevations and sections for existing homes.
- General understanding of construction technologies.
- Experience and ability to produce construction drawings.
- Knowledge of creating two and three dimensional drawings utilizing software.
- Understands the sale personnel's' needs based on information provided.
- Innovative and able to comprehend the message of the customer's needs
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven capability establishing good relationships and contributing in a team environment.
At Spahn & Rose we pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality product mix, while providing our employees with rewarding careers and potential for advancement. If you are an individual that meets the qualifications above and is interested in growing your career with a dynamic organization doing business for over 112 years, we encourage you to submit your resume for consideration today!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|