The Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) is a no-kill open admission animal welfare organization serving the tri-state area since 1901. Our facility admits thousands of homeless animals every year, providing them food, shelter, medical attention, and a second chance at finding their forever homes. The campus features a recently renovated adoption facility and an on-site veterinary clinic. The DRHS is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Seek opportunities to promote the organization and humane education concepts at community events. Participate in community activities to gain awareness of the DRHS and services offered. Prepare displays and materials to be used at such events.
- Coordinate special events that pertain to community education and awareness.
- Provide tours of the facility to visitors of all ages and abilities.
- Work with the Development & Marketing Director to market youth and outreach opportunities. Ensure the website has accurate information and resources.
- Assist with other marketing and fundraising events as directed by the Development & Marketing Director.
- Assure quality community and youth oriented programs through the use of valid evaluation techniques.
- Create programs that promote pet responsibility, respect for animals, and safety around animals. Create materials to serve as teaching aids. Distribute education and outreach materials to further the goals and mission of the DRHS.
- Research, write, and evaluate humane education programs to engage children and foster respect for the inherent dignity of animals. Coordinate seasonal kids camps; secure volunteer leadership team.
- Schedule and conduct both on-campus and off-site educational programs.
- Staff information booths, special events, and speaking engagements to support the DRHS’ programs and services.
- Administrative duties associated with programs including reporting, scheduling, reservations, and customer service. Maintain department records and database.
- Represent the DRHS at public speaking engagements for youth. Handle student and teacher requests for information regarding animal behavior and health.
- Order supplies for youth activities, seeking out in-kind donations via the Fetch List where possible.
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|