Safety & Environmental CoordinatorA.Y. McDonald Mfg, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A. Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since it’s founding in 1856.
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is located in the Industrial Park off of the Northwest Arterial. Its north central location provides easy acess to major markets. In fact, the Company sells and distributes its five major product lines nationally and internationally.
"We will make good products and sell them honestly." This statement, made by the Founder Andrew Young McDonald in 1856, has become a corporate philosophy. Today A.Y. McDonald's strength lies in its ability to serve customers. To better serve, McDonald has created an organizational structure and a physical environment that provides for growth and profitabiltiy.
Plant and office environments provide greater product output, more control, modern technology and better internal housekeeping. This enables McDonald to seek new highs in quality and bring new items into production at more competitive prices. Please visit our website www.aymcdonald.com
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. has a full time opportunity for a Safety & Environmental Coordinator. This position will be responsible for administering the Company’s safety and environmental programs and creating and implementing assessment and training initiatives in order to provide a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible multi-site workplace.
- Overseeing programs to assure compliance with the Company’s Safety and Environmental programs as well as OSHA, EPA, NFPA state and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Development and implementation of safety procedures.
- Coordinate safety training, safety meetings and all site safety inspections.
- Monitor safety rules and practices.
- Promote and lead behavioral based safety practices which strengthen the organization’s safety culture.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University and three to five years related experience and/or training. An equivalent combination of work experience and education will be considered.
- Formal Safety Certifications preferred.
- Previous Safety & Environmental experience in a manufacturing plant environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills-both verbal and written.
- PC experience using Microsoft Office. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Excellent compensation and benefit package offered. Please visit our website to fill out an application and submit a resume by Friday, August 18, 2017.
Health and drug screen required
Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|