Food Service CoordinatorWartburg Theological Seminary, Dubuque, IA
Wartburg Theological Seminary is one of eight theological schools of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Wartburg was established in Dubuque, Iowa in 1854 and is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools and the Higher Learning Commission. The seminary educates women and men to serve church and world as ordained and lay leaders.
This seasonal part time position of Food Service Coordinator is primariliy scheduled to work 24 hours per week while Seminary classes are in session or approximately 9 months out of the year. Food service hours while school is in session are 9:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. Monday through Thursday.
General Duties Include:
- Plan menu and purchase food to meet menu requirements.
- Maintain book of Food Service Requests.
- Ensure timely purchase of food from the various vendors used to fulfill Food Service Requests.
- Develop procedures for properly receiving, storing and distributing food and supplies.
- Maintain records of inventory, meal counts and meal charges.
- Maintain forms required by State Health Inspector.
- Assume implementation of sanitation and safety procedures in compliance with State Health Regulations.
- Prepare and serve the food.
- Wash pots, pans and dishes as conclusion of meal time.
- Ensure proper sanitation procedures in food service areas & equipment.
- Set prices for each item on the menu.
- Plan and budget for meals and functions.
- Deliver all vendor invoices and charge sheets to the Business Office in a timely manner.
- Respond appropriately to students, staff, faculty and guests on preferences and complaints.
- Maintain equipment, including refrigerators, stoves, freezers, ovens, etc.
- Responsible for determining temporary staffing needs. Train workers in performance of duties and coordinates work to promote efficiency.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||333 Wartburg Place|
Dubuque, IA 52003
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Food and Beverage
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|