Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa in Galena, Ill., the Midwest's premier golf resort, currently has an opening for a Marketing Manager. This position will provide suppport and coordination in relation to advertising, public relations, and communications for the Sales & Marketing Department. Responsibilities will include planning, preparation, and coordination of all mutli-media advertising; writing, creating, and designing in-house promotional materials; maintaining public relations files and resort fact sheets for distribution; oversees the management, coordination, and updating of the resort's website domain; coordinates photography, video, radio, and television productions; assist with annual marketing budget development; continually monitors and analyzes sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns; develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and internet websites. This full time position offers our benefit package which includes health, life, dental, disability and vision insurance; paid vacations and holidays; 401K plan with company match.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience is preferred including more than two years of post-high school education, but less than a degree from a four year college. Experience of one to two full years of employment in a related position with this resort or other hospitality organization(s) is preferred.
- Experience with both digital imaging and vector-based graphics.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with design and photo-editing software such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office programs.
- Computer proficiency in Excel, PageMaker, Aldus, Graphics, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML/CSS and In-design.
- Experience utilizing several Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Ability to work on a PC operating system.
- Web design experience is a plus.
- Photography experience is a plus
- Experience managing a variety of social media platforms from a business standpoint is a plus.
- Highly organized, detailed and result-oriented.
- Possess a passion for new learning experiences, and applying these new materials to the job
- Capable of being creative, flexible, resourceful.
- Working in a team environment.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the catering and events business, including service, room styles, and services offered, menu design, set up and tear down.
Join the team at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa! We offer competitive wages, resort perks and privileges including discounts on gasoline, meals, merchandise, lodging, & spa treatments; complimentary golf, pool/fitness center access and much more! Eagle Ridge is located within the scenic rolling hills of The Galena Territory, just a few miles east of historic Galena, Illinois.
For more information about our fabulous resort or to apply, go to www.eagleridge.com to download an application. Applications can be submitted by mail, fax, email or in person.
To be considered for the position, we must receive an application.
We look forward to helping you explore employment opportunities at Eagle Ridge!
Graphic Design/Social Media
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|