Weekend Instructor - Dubuque and DyersvilleArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
Are you often described as A mbitious, R esourceful, and C heerful? Do you thrive in a positive environment dedicated to supporting those with intellectual and physical disabilities achieve their goals? If you’re excited reading this, then Area Residential Care is the place for you!
What You Will Do:
- Trains, instructs, and supervises individuals served in the skills and behaviors necessary to live and recreate in natural home and community settings.
- Assists with the daily schedules and program activities of four to six individuals served per location.
- Assists individuals as necessary to complete food purchasing and preparation, do laundry, complete household duties, and complete hygiene activities including showering/bathing, toileting, and oral hygiene.
- Advocates for and teach individuals served on how to exercise their rights and on how to be safe.
- Uses a variety of techniques to modify behavior within the home, including physical restraint if necessary.
- Completes emergency drills and environmental safety inspections in accordance with agency timelines.
- Passes medications to individuals served following all policies and procedures after completing agency sponsored training.
- Has patience to work with individuals who may occasionally exhibit aggressive and/or non-compliant behaviors.
- Maintains positive, appropriate relationships and effective communication with individuals served, agency staff, members of the community, and service providers.
- Ensures data is recorded promptly and accurately in regards to notes, incidents, etc.
- Assists individuals with making and/or being present at medical/dental appointments as necessary.
What You Need:
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- No direct-care experience required-we will train!
- Six months of consistent general work experience
- Ability to comprehend basic medical and life-skill programs
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria required for most positions
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Must develop and maintain positive, appropriate, cooperative relationships with individuals served, agency staff, business professionals, and individuals’ parents/guardians
- Successful clearance of criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|