Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster WI. We are a progressive and growing facility ready to break ground with an expansion to better meet the needs of the patients we serve in our service area. We are fortunate to have an exceptional staff of medical providers. With our hearts and minds we area touching lives!
The Scribe will work in Grant Regional Community Clinic and will:
- Transcribe, in real time, dictated medical legal documents for inclusion in the patient healthcare record using electronic health record system (EPIC)
- Collaborate with the physician to document the patient history, physical exam, results of diagnostic testing, and diagnosis and disposition
- Accompany physician during clinic office hours into patient rooms to accurately record medical examination documentation and other information necessary to complete the medical record
- Prepare charts prior to visits to ensure good patient flow and ability to document accurately as directed by physician’s expectation of speed and accuracy
- Review charts for accuracy. Utilize reference materials to ensure accuracy and completeness of reports. Utilize spell-checking device to minimize errors. Utilize the electronic medical record effectively
- Ensure patient privacy at all times
- Document any procedures performed by the physician on the medical chart
- List all proper diagnoses as well as any discharge/follow up instructions and prescriptions, under guidance of the physician
- Other duties as assigned
High School graduate. Technical diploma or associate degree in medical assistant or transcription required. Super user of computer technology and programs, and accuracy in data entry are a must. Transcription, Scribe or Medical Assistant experience in a clinic or medical setting required. CPR certification is required (or completed within 60 days of hire). In addition, the candidate must exhibit excellent professional human relation skills; demonstrate good organizational skills; ability to work as a team player; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting; be flexible and display strong interpersonal skills.
- Deadline to apply is noon on Friday, September 22, 2017.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|