Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc at the Dubuque Operations plant will be building a brand new facility in Dubuque in the near future. There is a Production Team Leader position open at this facility. Flexsteel offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits including:
•excellent health/dental/vision plan
•ten days vacation starting
•9 paid Holidays, + 1 Floating Holiday
•a friendly, supportive work environment
•Flexsteel furniture discounts
Performs quality functions and leadership duties for soft goods product, including but not limited to; incoming materials, in-process materials, and finished product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• COMPANY GOALS:
Recognize and values customers and fellow associates by:
1. Emphasize quality in every task through a zero-defect attitude
2. Creating a safe and positive work environment
3. Display pride in Flexsteel and Flexsteel product
4. Working to educate and empower the work force
5. Recommendations of eliminating waste and making process improvements
1. Completes schedules on a timely basis.
2. Eliminates waste in labor and materials.
3. Maintains harmonious relations with employees and Union.
4. Works with customer service in both the Residential Division and the Metal Division.
5. Assigns jobs for utility, common laborers, and janitors.
6. Works with MSDS sheets.
7. Fill in for Supervision as requested
8. Lead improvement projects as requested
1. Audit in-process parts: Sewing prefill, panels, tailoring
2. Inspection of incoming parts
3. Inspection of finished goods.
1. Maintain required documentation for inspection of in process and finished goods.
2. Complete weekly inspection reports for review by management.
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School education or equivalent.
Ability to periodically do heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds).
Upholstery/Assembly background preferred.
Prefer previous supervisory, production or manufacturing experience ,but not required.
Good communication skills, organizational ability and attention to detail
General computer experience preferred.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|