Carrier Sales Representative - LogisticsRockfarm Supply Chain Solutions, Dubuque, IA
Rockfarm Supply Chain Solutions is a Supply Chain Management Company providing customized logistical solutions to companies throughout the world. We are an innovative, full service transportation management provider enabling our clients to maximize their supply chain efficiency. Due to ongoing business growth we are beginning our search to add to our current team in our corporate office in Dubuque, IA.
As a Carrier Sales Rep., within our Logistics Division, you will be providing truckload fulfillment services for Rockfarm’s clients. As a Carrier Sales Rep. you will also be a member of logistics team that will be responsible for business development with existing and future customers.
Along with your teammates, you will be responsible for creating and continuing customer and carrier loyalty, stimulate growth and partnership, enhance profitability, while also prioritizing excellence in execution of services. The Carrier Sales Rep develops the foundation and culture to springboard forward within Rockfarm Supply Chain Solutions
Critical to your success will be the ability to build long term relationships with Core Carriers that create measurable value for the clients and cultivates additional business opportunities for the Logistics division. Working alongside your team, your client’s satisfaction will depend on your team’s fulfillment and service levels. The daily challenges of fulfilling transportation solutions requires a positive attitude, a high level of integrity and teamwork. Continued growth of your Core Carrier pool will require that you proactively identify additional Core Carriers’ service areas through networking, analysis, collaboration and continued relationship building skills. Your Core Carriers will be marketed across all Rockfarm Logistics teams and your success in growing their utilization across all teams will be measured, as this drives value for the company and Core Carriers.
Carrier Sales Rep Responsibilities:
- Teamwork & Service. The daily operations of your team will require that each team member be able to support the clients’ service needs, throughout the life cycle of their shipments. Each team member will be able to support the following:
- Quoting of shipments utilizing the market data accessible in TMS and outside vendor platforms.
- Planning and data entry of shipments in TMS.
- Carrier procurement on shipments, ensuring that the procured carrier can meet the service needs and maximize profitability.
- Execution, tracking and updating contacts as required while load is in transit.
- Support communication and services needed during non-business hours.
- Identify new carrier leads and cultivate carrier partnerships that align with the clients’ service. These partnerships must provide a mutually beneficial result, and should drive repeat carrier utilization, carrier participation in carrier RFP’s and help increase load volume across all teams.
- With your team, establish an identity with the clients and all points of contact that hold a relationship with the team. That is, the clients know they have a dedicated team to communicate with directly on all business that is involved with the fulfillment of their shipments.
- Create and follow proactive communication processes within the team and extend these processes with your clients and carriers. Understand the clients and their business needs to meet their communication expectations and extend these with your carrier partners.
- Ownership of responsibilities and relationships to ensure that your clients feel as though your team is an extension of their supply chain department, driving value to and aiding in growing their business.
- Core Carrier loads per shipped per day/month.
- Gross Margin per day/month.
- Core Carrier RFP participation and contracting per month/year.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|