Project ManagerSedona Staffing Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
The Project Manager role may be inclusive of engineering duties and responsibilities, typically the Mechanical or Electrical Engineering activities.
He / she will be the primary communication / liaison point for all projects, serving as the first-line decision maker: -
Coordinating the documentation process,
Maintaining the project schedules / quality and profitability
Reviewing project economics with management, sales and project teams.
Scheduling and conducting meetings
Induction training in company technology, process & administration is to be provided.
Act as the primary internal / external communication point for all North American projects and be the clients interface until successful final inspection by Customer, including but not limited to: -
- Professionally interface / with consulting engineers, clients, & vendors
- Achieve company goals, as assigned on annual basis
- Act as the first-line decision maker for each project based on accurate information
- Calculation of project / contract prices (support to sales)
- Project planning of personnel and economic recourses
- Review project profitability with management, sales, and project teams
- Economic control and regular follow up reports (monthly or as requested)
- Facilitate project meetings as deemed necessary to maintain project schedule and quality
- Technical support & client liaison for all phases of project work from acceptance of the client contract
- Review or facilitate review of designs, drawings and documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Coordinate with all members of project team to ensure documentation is accurate and timely
- Maintain the overall project schedule keeping the entire project team, management, and client informed of progress and possible conflicts
- Work with engineering departments to ensure key items are identified for production departments to construct systems accurately and cost effectively
- Facilitate wrap-up meetings and communicate summaries to all necessary employees
- Supervise site construction / installation, start-up, training, performance testing and Take-over (External and Internal Partners to be sub-contracted)
- Facilitate startup schedules and ensure appropriate information is available and accurate for startup technicians
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Perform all tasks in compliance with company safety program
- Perform all other tasks as required
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software and related applications
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
No formal, but project team supervision and site supervision as per above.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Degree in engineering, (mechanical, construction, chemical, process, manufacturing, management) or a related field, highly desirable.
- Strong mechanical/ electrical aptitude required
- 2 plus years’ experience in engineering project management working with utility, private & local authority sectors should be demonstrated
- Knowledge in the areas of engineering, purchasing, economics, inventory management, electronics, process equipment, safety and logistics is required
- Knowledge of US & Canadian engineering practice & standards
- Knowledge of material properties
- Knowledge of PLC data coms & SCADA control systems should be demonstrated
- Strong management and client relationship skills
- Knowledge of the US & Canadian green economy & renewable energy market place would be beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, project specifications and project documents
- Ability to multitask, working on multiple projects in different phases
- Ability to calculate project profitability and to make timely, accurate, fair decisions
- Readiness to travel for job-related purposes – as periods at client’s sites are required
Language & communication Skills: English
- Skilled in verbal communication with all levels of staff.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and / or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Apply engineering calculations and concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a wide range of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or scheduled form
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License required, Professional Engineer (PE) license and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Sedona Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|