Front Desk Agent (Part Time)Grand Harbor Resort And Waterpark, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
Join Our Team!
The Grand Harbor Resort & Waterpark offers an exciting, safe and family-friendly work environment. If you're a hardworking and energetic individual, we may have the opportunity for you! Apply for one of our open positions through Access Dubuque Jobs or feel free to stop by the hotel Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to fill out an application. Grand Harbor Resort & Waterpark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be 16 or older.
Grand Harbor Resort & Waterpark supports the National Career Readiness Certificate and takes certificate completion into consideration for employment purposes. Please check the local Workforce Development Center for further information.
Join the Grand Harbor team! Guest Service Agents work at the Front Desk assisting guests both face-to-face and over the phone. Excellent customer service and computer skills are a must. Weekend availability required.
Ideal candidates will be have open availability including nights and weekends and able to work 20-30 hours per week.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Excellent communications skill with ability to vary style to fit the situation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good interpersonal skills to work with other departments
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays as scheduled by manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides outstanding and consistent customer service by being knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful to the guests at all times.
- Uses the RDP reservation system to check-in/check-out guests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Accurately inputs reservations into the RDP reservation system for walk-in guests.
- Be knowledgeable of all current rates, specials and packages.
- Keeps knowledge of hotel and surrounding area current by utilizing staff logs, daily memos, program flyers, event schedules and other material published by hotel and Dubuque Area.
- Accurately handles cash and payments by correctly posting charges and payments, maintaining cash drawer, reconciling shift reports and preparing cash drops.
- Completes all reporting tasks including but not limited to shift checklists, customer complaint logs, wake up call and shuttle logs.
- Answers phone within three rings and with a smile. Handles requests in a manner satisfactory to the guest or transfers call to appropriate department or personnel.
- Offer first tier resolutions to guest complaints that are satisfactory to both the hotel and guest. Take personal responsibility for difficult guests, challenges or incorrect billing.
- Works well with other departments to ensure all guests’ needs are met. Uses proper radio etiquette when calling other departments. Uses proper procedures to communicate maintenance issues.
- Keep work areas clean and free of clutter.
- Report any necessary concerns to the supervisor or manager.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Maintain a clean and well groomed appearance at all times in accordance with departmental standards.
|Years of Experience||--|