Acquisitions Editor (Outside Sales)Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA
As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for almost 70 years. We currently employ approximately 180 people at our Dubuque, Iowa, headquarters, with an additional 70 people throughout the United States.
Our mission is to meet the specific needs of the marketplace in a unique and progressive manner, and we are committed to excellence and employee growth and development.
We offer career opportunities in sales and acquisitions, account management, project development, customer support, information technology, finance, accounting, clerical support and human resources. We provide a comprehensive benefit package and full-time and part-time flexible schedules, including internships.
Our Higher Education Division is a leader in custom publishing of high quality educational products, services and solutions to the higher education market, including digital solutions and eBooks as well as printed material.
Our PreK-12 Division is a leader in publishing solutions of innovative, hands-on inquiry based solutions for the PreK-12 market.
We also collaborate closely with our related educational technology solutions companies to develop and customize publications that integrate multi-media and technology to meet the learning needs and expectations of today’s students.
For more information, visit Kendall Hunt’s website https://www.kendallhunt.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit to want to learn how to run a business? Is being in the driver’s seat with the ability to make decisions that affect YOUR business something that excites you? Start your engines! It’s your job to interview, listen for business potential, and persuade select candidates to work with your company by partnering with experts in their field. At Kendall Hunt Publishing you’re the driver and decision maker. You call and travel to different colleges and universities in your territory to identify business opportunities, interview professors, and persuade author candidates that have what it takes to become Kendall Hunt authors. We want to partner with talented educators in charge of lower-level, higher-enrollment courses to develop more interactive and engaging materials that solve the needs of their students and can make an impact in their college career and in the difference they make in the world in the future.
Who We Are
As a leader in customized educational publishing solutions headquartered in Dubuque, IA, Kendall Hunt Publishing has been privately owned and operated for over 65 years. With over 8,000 titles, we are an established, higher education company that offers high quality educational materials, services and solutions to the Higher Education Academic market. We see enormous business opportunity because we know most students don’t read traditional 900-page textbooks…unless they’re cramming for a test. We develop educational materials that are well designed, interactive, and in line with the educational goals of the author and, in turn, the students. Our employees are driven and passionate about excelling, learning, having fun, and making the world a better place by helping to improve the experience of both college-level students and professors. Visit our website at www.kendallhunt.com to learn more.
In A Typical Work Week You Will…
- Pre-plan prior to each campus visit by sending emails and making several phone calls.
- Travel to and work colleges and universities for a week at a time. Travel is typically 2 weeks per month during academic terms.
- Run meetings to interview, identify business opportunity, and recruit select college professors to become KH authors.
- Make the most of time on campus by making additional phone calls of higher priority contacts or department chairs.
- Follow-up with prospective and existing authors. This includes keeping notes and next steps in the CRM for all prospective, in-development, and existing publications so both you and the in-house team have the information they need.
Characteristics of Who KH Looks For in This Role
- A top performer that’s used to going above and beyond the minimum expectations.
- Competitive, highly organized, and self-driven.
- Someone who sees time as a resource that shouldn’t be wasted. You take advantage of time between appointments instead of moseying around or reading the newspaper.
- Someone who possesses enough leadership, motivation and purpose to hold yourself accountable.
- Positive and have a “can do” attitude towards life.
- Someone who has “been there” bringing sales experience from any industry that will translate into success with us.
- Someone who enjoyed being on a college campus while earning your Bachelor’s Degree, because in this job, you’ll be spending a lot of time on college campuses in your territory.
If what we described matches your background and skills, we’d love to talk to you. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, LTD, 401k and profit sharing, and PTO. All applicants must have valid driver’s license and bachelor’s degree. Send us your resume, cover letter along with what your salary requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||HRDept@kendallhunt.com|
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|