Custodian, 3rd ShiftLoras College, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the building, equipment, fixtures, and furnishings. Performs routine custodial work including vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors; dusting; washing walls, doors, and windows; and emptying trash. Performs minor preventative maintenance and minor repairs. Assists maintenance personnel as needed. Reports major repair and maintenance needs.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Vacuums, sweeps, mops and waxes floors.
- Washes and dusts walls, tables, doors, light fixtures, vending machines and windows.
- Cleans and disinfects toilets, urinals, showers, tile floors, and other fixtures.
- Fills soap, toilet paper, and towel dispensers regularly.
- Empties trash containers as needed. Maintains waste receptacles and ensures that they are clean.
- Picks up litter (inside and outside) as necessary.
- Completes snow removal as needed.
- Sets up rooms and areas for meetings and activities.
- Assists college personnel and service providers as needed.
- Keeps administration informed of area activities, any significant problems, and maintenance concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Completes required paperwork and checklists of area cleaning and maintenance.
- Assists in maintaining facility security.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt his or her way of working or thinking in response to changing workplace conditions.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Persistence - Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: Two to four years previous cleaning/janitorial experience required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Other Requirements: Basic ability to operate/learn personal computer. Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques and maintenance procedures. Understanding of related safety and OSHA requirements. Attentive to detail. Able to follow directions and work well independently. Able to use basic cleaning tools, including vacuums, mops, brooms, etc. Basic interpersonal (written and oral) communication skills.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works both inside and outside. Subject to weather.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|