School Age Child Care Site AssistantDubuque Community YMCA/YWCA, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a focus on YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Job Title: School Age Child Care Site Assistant Job Code:
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Job Grade:
Status: P/T Department:
Reports to: Site Supervisor/Program Coordinator Revision Date: 2/12/2017
Under the direct supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Site Assistant will be responsible for assisting in operating an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for the children enrolled in the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA Before & After School Program at their assigned school. The Site Assistant is accountable for complying with Iowa Department of Human Service licensing standards and the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA policies and procedures. The Site Assistant is responsible for conducting themselves in a professional manner and for overseeing the professional conduct of site staff in the absence of the Site Supervisor.
- Work with Site Supervisor to develop plans for activities
- Implement Site Supervisor’s directions
- Assist with preparations for daily activities
- Interact appropriately with the children, involving them in structured, age appropriate activities, operating with the best interest of the child in mind.
- Establish a positive relationship with each child’s parent/guardian, school staff and co-workers maintaining good communication
- Provide excellent customer service to parents, children, and school staff
- Ensure the cleanliness and presentable appearance of the program site
- Ensure the proper serving of daily snacks
- Assist with maintaining inventory of supplies, submitting supply lists to Site Supervisor as necessary in a timely manner
- Assist in maintaining comprehensive records for all students enrolled
- Follow and enforce program and organization policies as well as licensing standards
- Serve as role model to all
- Other duties as assigned
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have some direct childcare experience and basic knowledge of children and child development. Must receive a negative Criminal Records Check Report
- Must provide a physical report with a negative TB test
- Must either be certified or can be certified in CPR/First Aid, Universal Precautions and Bloodborne Pathogens. Training in Mandatory Child Abuse provided.
- Demonstrates dependability and a positive attitude
- Respects the confidentiality of childcare matters
- Demonstrates good communication skills with children, parents and other staff
- Completes required DHS licensing continuing education annually
- Must work well with others and be willing to accept responsibilities and directions from supervisor
- Projects a positive attitude about the Y childcare programs, as the site of choice, for the community
- Promotes the Y mission and core values in their behavior and in the development of children’s programs
- Participates and assists with other Y programs. Becomes involved in Y volunteer opportunities
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|