Billing System AnalystUnited Clinical Laboratories, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
United Clinical Laboratories (UCL) is a medical laboratory providing routine, emergency and reference laboratory services to Dubuque's major health care providers and people residing within a 50-mile radius.
UCL is recognized both locally and nationally for it's comittment to quality and it's innovative use of resources and technology.
UCL is a for-profit business venture owned by Mercy Hospital, Finley Hospital, and Pathology Associates. The three owners created UCL in 1986 in anticipation of the current trends now seen in the health care industry. Pathology Associates has seven board-certified pathologists located at Mercy and Finley Hospitals. They provide clinical laboratory consultation to patients and physicians in the Tri-State area 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
UCL operates at five (5) sites (Mercy Medical Center - Dubuque, Mercy Medical Center - Dyersville, Unity Point Health - Finley Hospital, Medical Associates - Maquoketa, and Cathedral Square) fulfilling its mission of providing timely, accurate, laboratory results using cost effective production methods.
UCL has 160 well-trained, highly skilled, staff members, working both full and part time. Employment opportunities at UCL are wide-ranged including the traditional laboratory positions: medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians, cytotechnologists, histotechnicians and phlebotomists. UCL also offers many non-traditional laboratory careers including: information technology, human resources management, materials management, accounting, and medical billing.
UCL has a strong committment to continuing education including tuition reimbursement and support for transition from one position to another.
- Provides on site support for the Telcor billing system as well as acting as a liaison between UCL and Telcor Support, including requesting and testing new versions of Telcor. Provides leadership and training to billing office staff (and PA staff as needed) on Telcor changes with the upgrades.
- Assists in ongoing training of the UCL insurance and billing staff in the Telcor System operation. Mentors staff in Telcor. Provides support to Business Office Manager to take charge of technical issues. Research Telcor options and apply all applicable rules.
- Configures the Telcor parameters (billing rules, ICD 10 rules) and performs periodic updates of various database files/tables (e.g. NCD/LCD policy quarterly changes and ICD 10 file updates in CentralStation for the UCL Test Catalog and MLab).
- Monitors the billing system interfaces to outside payers (Medicare, BC/BS, Clearinghouse). Assists in claim processing and file generations for statements and collections.
- Monitors interface errors between LIS and other systems (EHR's, EMR's). Assist in resolution of errors. Monitors errors from interface (MLAB) systems to be proactive in fixing errors before they go to Telcor.
- Assist with mapping and validating provider, insurance, and payer information when it comes from EHR/EMR's prior to billing.
- Evaluates new technologies for use, including electronic submissions directly to payers versus through the clearing house.
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Preferred candidates will have experience in the Telcor billing system (or other medical billing system), MS Window, MS SQL server. Knowledge of PC architecture, printer function and operation is also required.
Has course work or experience with (or training in) the Telcor billing system, MS Window, MS SQL server. Knowledge of PC architecture, printer function and operation is also required.
Schedule is businees hours Monday-Friday with no scheduled weekend rotation.
To apply please send coverletter and resume to HR Specialist Amanda Wadas at firstname.lastname@example.org
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|