Fleet Operations ManagerRT&T Enterprises Inc., East Dubuque, IL
This listing has expired
RT&T Logistics is a Freight Brokerage company headquartered in East Dubuque, IL. RT&T’s growing portfolio of services provides transportation solutions to companies throughout North America.
The Fleet Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing, assisting and backing up Planning and Dispatch functions.
Working with the management team, the position will contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will report to the Executive team
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (Recruiting, Sales, Accounting, and Customer Service), through open communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee and hold responsibility for Driver Retention with the Business Framework of operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial KPI management, planning, systems and controls.
- Payroll and Settlement management, including payments of accessorials.
Responsibilities by Function:
Daily execution of planning functions
- Backing up when Load Planners and Driver Managers are absent
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks, producing reports as requested.
- Assisting Executive team in creating annual fleet budget.
- Oversee seamless execution of TMS (Transportation Management Software).
- Administering payroll and settlement accessorials such as Detention, Extra Pay, etc.
- Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal parties
- Ensure that Sales and Customer Service requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal parties
- Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range strategies to implement forecasts
- Driver Retention efforts. Setting the expectation through orientation, reviews and continuing education.
- Manage all functions of Operations.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (Recruiting, Sales, Accounting, and Customer Service) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Develop a “one for all and all for one” culture within your department
- Commitment to the transportation industry and the mission
- At least 3 years experience in Fleet Operations – Dispatch and Planning
- Strong background and work experience in managing people
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, and outlook
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Current knowledge of FMSCA rules and regulations
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and a collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
This listing has expired
East Dubuque, IL
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|