Uelner Precision Tools & Dies is a company with a long history in Dubuque. Today, they have become a leading supplier to the automotive industry. Located in Dubuque's Westside Industrial Park since the 1980s, the Uelner plant has expanded several times.
Tool & Die Maker - Repair Department
Rapidly growing tool & die and production manufacturer in Dubuque, IA looking for experienced Tool & Die Maker with Tool & Die Repair experience.
- Knowledge of basic math for blueprint reading and gaging
- Evaluate dies for production and to minimize downtime
- Repair and maintain tooling; dismantles and repairs or replaces parts of damaged dies and fixtures, fits and assembles parts and tests repaired die for proper operation
- Ability to make tools, dies, fixtures and assemblies to very close tolerances
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications
- Use of measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators
- File, grind, shim and adjust different parts to properly fit them together
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications making adjustments as necessary
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity and defects
- Operates cranes safely to remove and/or relocate dies to specific work stations/equipment
- Lift, position and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables using hoists, vise, v-blocks or angles plates
- Troubleshoot and repair tooling problems
- Set-up and operate lathe, mill, saws and surface grinders
- Participates in ongoing Continuous Improvement processes
- Takes direction from supervisor as applicable
- Works in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures
- Maintains safety standard and cleanliness of workplace and equipment
High school education or equivalent and minimum of 5 years’ experience in tool & die build. Strong understanding of tool & die build. Must have strong personal commitment to teamwork and have demonstrated the ability to communicate and influence others.
Compensation: Competitive wages and benefits which include health insurance, prescription drugs, life, disability, 401K plan and paid vacation and holidays while working in a family business. Career advancement and tuition assistance available for qualified employees.
Please request job application from Jayne at email@example.com
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||4545 Futuro Ct|
|Apply by Mail:||4545 Futuro Ct|
Dubuque, IA 52002
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|