Speech PathologistUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Dubuque Finley Hospital
This is a full time position, work hours will be days, for 64 hours per pay period and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts. There may be weekend and holiday rotations.
- Evaluate voice, speech, and language, cognitive, communicative and swallowing abilities.
- Perform specialized testing or non-standardized test procedures and observations.
- Attempt to alter communication behavior through verbal directive, manipulation of body posture or manipulative or oral anatomy relating to speech production.
- Educate patient and family regarding evaluation findings and treatment recommendations.
- Design and administer a treatment program appropriate to facilitate the communication needs of the patient.
- Maintain appropriate documentation including evaluation reports, treatment plans, and treatment notes on discharge reports.
- Provide counseling and instruction to patient, family and other health care professionals.
- Possess working knowledge of service provision and reimbursement regulations.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of communication aids, ordering the aides and training the patient and responsible persons in their care.
- Participate in care conference team planning and discharge planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have an Iowa Speech Language Pathologist license issued in the State of Iowa. Previous Pediatrics experience is preferred.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|