Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Give road and skills testing to drivers in orientation.
- Train drivers on the use of the Peoplenet device, including e-logs.
- Coordinate with personnel in Driver Orientation, Safety, Maintenance, Operations and Driver Recruiting on driver and truck issues.
- Conduct inspections on trucks that are being returned by drivers for reassignment, and document their condition relative to the condition the truck was last inspected.
- Conduct inspections on trucks that are being issued to drivers, and document their condition relative to the last inspection.
- Arrange for return of truck for maintenance work or detailing if the truck being assigned to a driver does not pass the inspection.
- For trucks with damage, discuss damages with driver, work with the claims department as needed to arrange for charge backs on deductible amounts.
- Be able to communicate with drivers on proper use of the equipment to achieve maximum fuel economy.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- College degree required or comparable work experience
- Understanding of the basic elements of truck operation
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally or written
- Ability to work Saturdays as needed.
- Computers skills
- Current Class A CDL
- Able to multi-task and solve problems creatively
- Understand Hours of Service regulations
- Can communicate via e-mail, telephone, and in person with clear, correct, and effective English.
- Stress Management/ Composure
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance (after 60 days)
- 401 (k) with company match
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/ PTO
- Life insurance
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
East Dbq, IL
|Years of Experience||--|