Senior Accounting SpecialistDupaco Community Credit Union, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Dupaco Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative which offers a complete line of savings, checking/ATM, loan, mortgage, investment, trust, insurance, and online services. Dupaco is chartered to serve residents of the state of Iowa; Crawford, Grant, Iowa and Lafayette Counties in Wisconsin; and Carroll, Jo Daviess, Stephenson, Rock Island and Whiteside Counties in Illinois. Membership totals over 107,000 with assets of $1.6 billion. Offices are currently located in: Dubuque, Iowa; Asbury, Iowa; Dyersville, Iowa; Manchester, Iowa; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Marion, Iowa; Cedar Falls, Iowa; Waterloo, Iowa; Carroll, Iowa; Galena, Illinois; and Platteville, Wisconsin. Connect online @ www.dupaco.com.
For additional opportunities and benefit information visit our careers page at: https://www.dupaco.com/dupaco-careers.html
Dupaco Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Here we grow again! If you’ve been waiting for an opportunity to join Dupaco’s Accounting Department- now is your chance! We are looking for an ambitious, detail oriented individual with a passion for applying accounting skills to implement strategic changes. As the Senior Accounting Specialist, you’ll use your industry knowledge to support your colleagues, your critical thinking skills to solve complex problems, and your determination to continuously improve to make a high level impact. Take your career to the next level at Dupaco!
Current assets (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Significant accounting experience with an understanding of accounts payable, general ledger balancing, and/or fixed assets tracking; or a high level involvement with related accounting functions
- Thorough understanding of financial statements and general accounting reports
- Proven ability to think “big picture”, solve complex problems and make sound decisions
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills to manage multiple priorities/projects while meeting deadlines
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Excel with the ability to create templates and use formulas
- Some understanding of accounting rules related to financial institutions is preferred
Position liabilities (Responsibilities):
- Collaborating with accounting team members and other departments to complete various projects throughout the year to achieve strategic goals
- Recommending possible methods of improving departmental processes/procedures to increase efficiencies
- Documenting and improving accounting processes to comply with operational procedures, regulations, and applicable laws
- Maintaining the accounting back office functions and critical information in our accounting systems
- Supporting the Accounting Supervisor with the accurate preparation of accounting records, month-end & quarterly financial reports, and related reports as requested
- Assisting the accounting team with branch accounting, overhead allocation, and additional daily/weekly accounting duties as needed
- Providing information to examiners/auditors and answering questions as needed during examinations
Make a long term investment for your career with a company that you can count on! We offer a competitive income with goal driven incentives, healthy work – life balance, exceptional benefits package including a generous 401K match and so much more!
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|