Nurse InternMercy Medical Center, Dubuque, IA Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
Mercy Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. Mercy – Dubuque has 263 beds while Mercy – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
Mercy offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. Mercy also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. Mercy’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital in 2009.
Mercy Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
Mercy is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at www.mercydubuque.com.
Mercy Medical Center-Dubuque will be hosting six (6) paid nurse intern positions in Summer 2018. The Summer Preview to Nursing Program is an honors program for outstanding upcoming senior nursing students to develop clinical competencies and enhance professional growth. The clinical experiences will be guided by a qualified RN preceptor who is committed to education and clinical expertise. Assignments include nursing specialty areas to broaden your clinical exposure and to help define your career path.
Internships are available in the following units:
Medical, Surgical, Psychiatric Services, Cardiovascular, Dyersville Hospital, and Birth Center
EMPLOYMENT DATES: June 4th, 2018-August 10th, 2018.
(Must be available for entire length of internship).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 18th, 2017
*All aspects of the application process must be complete for applications to be considered*
- Must successfully have completed junior year in an accredited (NLNAC or CCNE) BSN Program
- Must be in good standing in his or her school of nursing
- Must have a cumulative and nursing GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Must be able to complete 36 hours per week )
- Complete online employment application
- Submit letter from the Dean or Director of School of Nursing which is to include: a recommendation for nomination to the Preview to Nursing Summer Intern Program, verification of enrollment as a full time nursing student and confirmation of anticipated graduation within a year after entry into the Intern Program
- Provide current transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Submit two (2) reference letters from clinical nursing instructors or one from current employer and one from a clinical nursing instructor
- Essay that addresses the following: a) three goals you would like to achieve at the completion of internship and b) long term goals
Application documents can be emailed to: Brittani.Felderman@mercyhealth.com or mailed to:
Mercy Medical Center
Attn: Human Resources/Nurse Intern
250 Mercy Drive
Dubuque, IA 52001