Business Intelligence Software SpecialistCrescent Electric Supply Co, East Dubuque, IL
This listing has expired
Crescent Electric Supply Company was founded by Titus B. Schmid in Dubuque, Iowa in 1919. Today we have grown with 126 locations throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. Our Corporate headquarters is located in East Dubuque, IL.
Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees and seeking long-term growth through total customer satisfaction. Our customers are the contractors, manufacturers, industrial facilities, building owners, and utilities that create electricity, install electrical systems, or use it in their buildings. Take a look at Crescent Electric Supply and you will see an exciting, growing organization in a dynamic industry. If that sounds like the right place for you, we would love to hear from you.
To learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Co., visit our web site at www.cesco.com.
Acts as the subject matter expert and first line of support for the company’s Business Intelligence software packages. The primary focus is utilizing the Phocas software tool for reporting. Develops reports, maps and dashboards using Phocas and other software packages to fulfill the company’s reporting needs and find ways to improve profitability. Manages support requests from the field. Handles daily administrative tasks such as, but not limited to: setting up users, problem solving issues with users, scheduling training sessions with users by various methods (phone, webinar, in-person), etc.
Also acts as the front line of support for all requests to the Business Intelligence team. Responsible for creating basic to intermediate types of reports and determining the best method to deliver those reports.
The responsibilities of this position are subject to change as the user base grows in numbers and expands in knowledge.
- Monitor the Business Intelligence group queue for support cases during regular business hours. As new support cases come in, review the case and assign it to the appropriate member of the Business Intelligence team.
- When a case appears that is related to Phocas, Reporting Services, or ad hoc reporting, analyze the case and decide on a timeline of resolution based on department standards.
- Perform daily administrative tasks in Phocas including but not limited to adding new users, managing permissions, trouble-shooting user issues, pointing users in the direction of training resources and administering training. Verify that Phocas information is accurate and work with the Business Intelligence team to resolve data discrepancies, if they do arise.
- Work with department resources to develop Phocas reports and dashboards that can be shared with Phocas users across the company to increase profitability. Some reports will come from the field, others will come from identified opportunities to improve the business. Also, develop additional functionality in Phocas to increase scope of reporting possibilities.
- Train users on Phocas. This will entail creating and maintaining training guides and documentation for users of Phocas. Other parts of this will require conducting training with users. Training will be performed over the phone, through webinars and by in-person branch visits.
- Where needs exist that Phocas is unable to fill, identify software tools that will fulfill those needs. Some existing tools like Reporting Services can be utilized, while others may have to be researched.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in a business/analytical field like Business Analytics, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, Computer Science, etc.; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Business Intelligence software experience is recommended, but not required. Experience with Phocas is a very strong positive.
- Exposure to writing computer programs (either academic or professional experience). Experience using SQL or R programming languages is preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills especially with Microsoft Excel. Must be familiar with intermediate to advanced functions (ex: SUMIF, COUNTIF, VLOOKUP), Pivot Tables and creating charts in Excel.
- Must have experience teaching or training individuals in person. Strong written and oral communication skills are needed.
- Up to 20% travel will be required to present training to users.
- Experience in electrical distribution and familiarity with the business processes of a distribution is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, able to troubleshoot and work with minimum supervision.
Competitive Benefit Package:
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k) with match, medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Click on the following link: http://bit.ly/1ijPb32 to be directed to our Youtube playlist. Learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Company and what our employees have to say about working for this great organization.
This listing has expired
East Dubuque, IL
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|