Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift, $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!!Andersen Windows & Doors, Dubuque, IA
Andersen Windows, Inc. is a part of Andersen Corporation; the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. The flagship Andersen® brand is the most recognized and most used brand in the window and patio door industry. In addition to the Andersen brand, Andersen Corporation includes Renewal by Andersen window replacement, Silver Line, and American Craftsman brand windows and doors sold exclusively at The Home Depot. Andersen was founded in 1903 and is privately owned. The company is known for its strong history of commitment to its business partners, employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen employs 9,000 people and markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Use necessary hand and power tools to take appropriate action to replace components, make adjustments and calibrate
machinery, to resolve issues and restore equipment to operating condition quickly and efficiently.
- Understand and participate in TPM initiatives, also assist in the deployment of TPM objectives
- Understand and perform preventive maintenance on all machinery, in a timely fashion, and document finished work.
- Evaluate equipment for any repairs, enhancements, or upgrades and complete work as needed.
- Perform and understand plumbing, and basic carpentry.
- Perform welding and painting tasks.
- Assure that all equipment is guarded.
- Follow all lockout tagout procedures.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety polices.
- Participate in and sustain 5S activities.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and spare parts.
- Working with departments on (CIP) Continuous Improvement projects.
- Assist with hazardous waste management.
- Perform furniture and equipment moves when needed.
- Work with engineering on new plant layouts/ moving of equipment, and additions of equipment.
- Work with external contractors as needed, in both production and other related areas of the plant.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Graduate/GED/HSED
- 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Broad general maintenance skills: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, machine piping, HVAC and dust collection.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, fluid power, building, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and prints.
- Ability to properly use testing equipment including (electrical, mechanical and fluid power).
- Knowledge and use of hand, power, shop tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices such as lockout/tagout and proper use of PPE.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess excellent analytical skills, data interpretation.
- Ability to be a licensed lift equipment operator
- Oral communication skills
- Basic team skills
- Basic organizational skills
- Physical ability to perform job duties
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision
- Understanding of related safety policies and procedures
- Work Pace Type: Task Defined
- The work pace will be determined differently depending on material being built.
- Overtime: Occasionally workers will be required to work overtime
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|