Dubuque Bank and Trust, a proud member of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., operates offices in Dubuque, Epworth, Farley and Holy Cross. The bank serves thousands of customers in Iowa as well as in Illinois, Wisconsin and other states. With assets of more than $1 billion, DB&T is among Iowa's 10 largest banking institutions. DB&T is headquartered at 1398 Central Avenue in Dubuque.
- Provide excellence in customer service to both internal employees and external customers.
- Actively participate in all sales meetings, seminars, and other job-related activities.
- Answer telephone including taking quote information, claim information, problem solving, change request, billing questions, etc.
- Wait on customers in person; take payments, and assist with daily operational activities as needed.
- Assist with training Insurance customer service representative and back up when needed.
- Assist insurance agents as requested.
- Review existing customer policies for improvement in coverage and/or pricing and rewrite when favorable.
- Troubleshoot and correct internal insurance system problems.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports as requested.
- Complete all accounting functions required including but limited to paying companies and reconciling company statements, issue checks, make deposits, prepare and process transactions to report income and expense, submit bills to finance department, pay VISA bills, complete end of day processing, month end processing, and contact companies for accounting corrections or clarifications.
- Track advertising.
- Refer and cross-sell other banking and non-traditional products/services to new and existing customers.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School plus additional training equal to two years of college.
- 1-3 years previous customer service and/or sales experience.
- Previous accounting experience preferred. Personal Lines Insurance knowledge a plus. Experience working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of MS office, Windows.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals.
- Understand and adhere to policy guidelines reducing the potential risk against error and omission claims.
- Must obtain or be willing to obtain a Personal Lines Insurance license.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|